Skip to main content

raw chocolate chip cookie dough muffins

I've moved! Visit my new blog La Belle Vie for more recipes and healthy living tips. Don't forget to update your bookmarks!






















The boy and I were supposed to go paddling today; spend the day on the lake and the likely to be uncrowded (given the strike, which has also stopped ferry service) islands. Instead, it rained. So today very quickly became a lazy Sunday. You know, the kind where when your phone rings you feel a bit indignant that someone would be so inconsiderate as to interrupt your doing nothing and want something of you. For me these days go hand in hand with something yummy to eat. Sadly I'm out of fruit, so smoothies were out of the question, and out of agave, so any easy chocolate yumminess was also a no go. And so were born these muffins, tasting deliciously like cookie dough.

to make

1/2c almonds
1/2c macadamia nuts
1/2c dates, pitted and packed
1/4tsp nutmeg
1/4tsp cardamon
1/4c raw cacao nibs

In a food processor pulse the cardamon, nutmeg, almonds and macadamia nuts until crumbly and well mixed. Put the dates in the processor and blend until well mixed and there's a doughy consistency, meaning the mixture is sticking together. Toss in the cacao nibs and pulse to mix well, but not pulverize.

Put liners in a muffin pan (or if you would like to serve without liners, use one repeatedly for a mold). Spoon mixture into liners and press down with your fingers or the spoon. Chill in the fridge for an hour or two before serving (this will help the mixture to better hold together).

Enjoy with a cold glass of nut milk.

Comments

Kilucru said…
that seems very interesting. happy to see another Canadian in the raw! will definetely try and keep you posted!
Amanda said…
These look very yummy Selene, yum yum :) Kewl blog, I am looking forward to checking it out!

Popular posts from this blog

Raw vegan meal plan (Day 2) and raw vegan tacos (or, my new obsession)

I've moved! Visit my new home  Make Life Beautiful for more recipes and healthy living tips. Don't forget to update your bookmarks! I'm building my meal plan to allow for leftovers, because in any meal plan, really, leftovers are kind of needed to get by timewise. A note on raw eating...I am trying to achieve a high raw lifestyle, meaning that 90-95% of what I'm eating is raw. However, when it comes to spices and oils and tamari, I am often not opting for the raw versions. For spices and oils, this is a matter of accessibility (other than coconut oil, which is easy and inexpensive to acquire); although I am going to try to find and use more whole versions of the spices (like the tumeric root and cardamon pods, for instance), it will still be very hard to determine whether these are raw. For tamari, this is because nama shoyu (the raw version) contains gluten, which I am allergic to. Now, you could go with bragg's soy sauce-like product, but I don't use e

Make your own raw tahini and cheesy tahini broccoli recipe

I've moved! Visit my new home  Make Life Beautiful for more recipes and healthy living tips. Don't forget to update your bookmarks xoxo Broccoli smothered in cheesy tahini sauce I already toted the many amazing benefits of sesame seeds here so we'll skip that part in this post and go straight to the awesomeness that is tahini. Raw tahini is delightfully easy, and inexpensive, to make. And you can do such awesome things with it! I personally love using tahini as salad dressing. And when I discovered you could make a delicious cheese sauce with it...!! You can't really tell from the photo, but this makes a deliciously creamy and cheesy sauce that you can use on zucchini linguine, or for kale chips, or really just about anywhere that cheesy goodness could go (which is pretty much anywhere). The cheesy tahini broccoli is my version of Julie Morris 's awesome recipe. While you're there check out her other recipes, yum they sure do look good! How t

Raw vegan chili and a raw meal plan for the lazy chef in all of us

I've moved! Visit my new blog La Belle Vie for more recipes and healthy living tips. Don't forget to update your bookmarks!   Hearty bowl of raw chili Ok, it's been a great great weekend for many reasons: went to an amazing clothing swap put on by V. A. S. T. , went to my adorable niece's birthday party, attended a wonderful raw potluck (yum!!), and went to my uncle and dad's joint bday lunch at my uncle's place. And to make everything even better, there were amazing people and conversations throughout it all! So that part has been great. Of course, all the family get togethers mean that I haven't been eating as raw as I normally do. And I'm really noticing how much better my body does when I'm eating mostly raw. I feel much more grossly full and sluggish on cooked foods. And my throat is burning as it's giving me some serious acid reflux issues. I've also been on this stupid cleanse (I bought it a long time ago and figured I had be