Wednesday, June 8, 2011

raw kelp noodle stir-fry with spicy almond ginger sauce

I've moved! Visit my new home Make Life Beautiful for more recipes and healthy living tips. Don't forget to update your bookmarks xoxo


Things have been pretty crazy since I got back from Iceland (more about that in a later post), with all types of stress and change being thrown my way. I won't say I've been dealing with it the best that a person could hope to...there has definitely been some ups and downs. And I've broken out and become permanently bloated and haven't been sleeping all that wonderfully. But - a BIG but, and one that I am quite proud of myself about - I have managed to maintain a relatively healthy diet. (Relatively as there were a couple of nights where a bag of daiya and gluten-free bagels and tortilla chips were my dinner.) Normally when I get really stressed, I eat more processed foods and I skip meals or have "salads" made from lettuce and some kidney beans with maybe a tomato thrown in. Now there have been a far amount of salads, but these have been with far more numerous and tasty ingredients. And I've been having delicious mango-pecan or banana choconut smoothies or green drinks in the mornings.

For dinner tonight I had raw noodle stir-fry in a spicy almond sauce. I used kelp noodles, and I must say that I am a HUGE fan. They have a slight crunch to them, are light, don't have any discernible taste and don't make you feel heavy and sleepy afterward like regular pasta. 

To make
1 package kelp noodles, well rinsed and drained
2 cup baby spinach, chopped
1 cup mushrooms
1 med carrot, julianned
3/4cup cucumber, chopped
sprouts

mix together in a big bowl

Dressing
3 tbsp almond butter
juice from one lemon
2 tbsp soya souce
1/2t tbsp ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, derooted
1 tbsp water


blend together


mix before serving and top with sesame seeds. Store sauce separately from noodle/veggie mix so that veggies don't get soggy.


Enjoy!
xo
Selene

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Sharan said...

Hope you feel better Selene! The almond ginger sauce sounds amazing!

June 9, 2011 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

Oh how I adore Kelp noodles!

June 23, 2011 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger MissyMichelleee said...

Mmmmm, yep! Kelp noodles are rawesome! ;) Makes me sad I can't get them so easily in my area and need to order them in, good totally go for a kelp noodle salad myself... question. (I am new to your blog!) What soya sauce do you use?

August 13, 2011 at 8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to make this tomorrow night for a dinner party. That is my plan :)

jd

April 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home