Want to protect your ticker? Here are some tips that will keep your heart healthy and happy.
- Go for a walk. Exercise helps promote healthy cholesterol and makes your heart stronger and more efficient so that it doesn't need to work as hard.
- Eat your B's. Vitamin B12, B6 and folate are necessary to support a healthy level of homocysteine, of which high levels are linked to cardiovascular disease.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of pure water supports healthy blood flow and the elimination of damaging toxins.
- Green your plate. Leafy greens are rich in magnesium, which helps relax vessels and arteries and keeps calcium from accumulating.
- Eat the rainbow. Colourful fruits and veggies are high in antioxidants, which help protect your arteries from damaging free radicals.