millions of peaches, peaches for me
Ontario peaches are so so good this year; juicy, sweet, beautiful!
Here's a super easy recipe for a delicious raw peach pie. The crust's ingredients combine for a caramel-y and candied pecan flavour. Cinnamon and nutmeg blend perfectly with the juices of the peaches, creating a naturally sweet spiced syrup.
1/4c - 1/3c dates
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch, sea salt
- In food processor, blend pecans with cinnamon and sea salt until crumbly.
- Add dates, starting at 1/4c and blend. Add dates as needed until doughy consistency is reached (i.e. the mixture sticks together).
- press into pan
- chill in fridge 1-2 hours
4 peaches, sliced thinly
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- mix all ingredients together in a bowl until peaches are well and evenly coated with the spices.
- spoon into crust
- serve topped with almond cream
serving suggestion: in a springform pan, form dough into a base (1/4"-1/2"); chill in fridge 1-2hours. Remove from pan and spread peach slices evenly on top.
"cooking" tip: lightly dust the pan with a mixture of ground pecans and a cinnamon/nutmeg blend.
buying tip: peaches don't continue to ripen once picked, so make sure the ones you're buying are ready-to-eat.
other recipes you might like: If you're in Toronto, you're probably similarly concerned and disturbed by the fact that after a total of like 5 days of actual summer, it's now pretty much fall! Here's a cooked recipe to help you warm up while still making the most of those amazing summer peaches!